Jacquelyn Lynn - Online Consumer Advice and Commentary

Jacquelyn Lynn is a business writer whose dynamic books and insightful articles have been helping business owners and managers work smarter and more profitably for more than two decades. She is the author of Entrepreneur’s Almanac, Online Shopper’s Survival Guide and co-author of Make Big Profits on eBay, as well as a regular contributor to Entrepreneur magazine. For more information and for the link to her business blog, visit www.jacquelynlynn.com.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Florida

Monday, November 20, 2006

Online shopping: for when you don’t fit in at the retail stores

Baltimore Sun columnist Susan Reimer and I must be sisters under the skin. In a recent column, she made a number of observations that had me thinking, “How did she know how I feel?”

For example, she writes, “I try to spend, but I am too confused. … My coffee shop sells books and music. My cheese shop sells linen towels. My bookstore sells coffee and desserts. My grocery store sells beach chairs.” She notes the “you don’t belong here” atmosphere of stores such as Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch. She points out that in stores such as Saks, Talbots, and Nordstrom, “the help is better dressed than I am on my best day. I don’t have the clothes to shop for clothes in these stores.” Neither do I.

Click here to read the complete column. Then join those of us who prefer to shop online in the comfort of our homes or offices.

And – here’s the shameless plug – if you’d like to know more about online shopping, my book Online Shopper’s Survival Guide will tell you everything you need to know to find bargains and shop safely on the internet.

Jackie

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home