Jacquelyn Lynn - Online Consumer Advice and Commentary

Jacquelyn Lynn is a business writer whose dynamic books and insightful articles have been helping business owners and managers work smarter and more profitably for more than two decades. She is the author of Entrepreneur’s Almanac, Online Shopper’s Survival Guide and co-author of Make Big Profits on eBay, as well as a regular contributor to Entrepreneur magazine. For more information and for the link to her business blog, visit www.jacquelynlynn.com.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Central Florida

Monday, March 05, 2007

A new phishing scam masquerading as an e-mail from eBay

I get the standard “update your account information now” scam e-mails pretending to be from eBay or PayPal on a daily basis. Some creative scammers have come up with a new angle: an invitation to become an eBay PowerSeller.

I just received this scam. I knew immediately it was a scam because I am a very low-volume eBay seller. Also, when I hovered my cursor over the links, I could tell that they weren’t going to a real eBay site.

If you are an eBay seller working on achieving PowerSeller status, be careful not to fall for this. It’s a fairly well-done fraud with only a few typos, so it’s possible that an otherwise careful person could fall for it.

If you have any questions about your PowerSeller status, send an e-mail to: powersellersinfo@ebay.com.

Jacquelyn Lynn

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home